Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Dirt’s good for ‘em!"

"Dirt’s good for ‘em!"

Coming from the country, you’d think I’d be a little easy on the cleanliness issue. Nah. I don’t let this baby even come CLOSE to touching the shopping carts at the grocery store.

Back in the day, I would have looked at it like this: “They’re fine. It’s good for them to get a little dirty or get some germs on them. It helps their immune system.” But that was BEFORE we found some stuff out! BEFORE we figured out that our kids can actually contract something really bad and possibly DIE because of the unclean handle they’re hanging onto! I was fortunate enough to have a cart cover made for us by a lovely lady I worked with. It’s just the cutest thing! (–said, using my high-pitched baby voice.) Precious Moments characters adorn the pink, green, yellow, and blue fabric that protects my little buggy bear from the harmful bacteria and germs that infest the disgusting cart that I put her in. It’s shady, I know, but I can’t help but feel like I’m a better parent for doing so. When I see other moms just stick their kid in an un-covered cart… I kinda look down on them! How can that be? Who the heck am I? Just because I have a cover and they don’t, that makes me a better mommy?

And I always come up with the same answer: YES. And you can hate me for it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment